Welcome to Florence Elementary, a trilingual campus as our students speak English, Spanish and sign American Sign Language. We take pride in meeting the communication needs of all of our students. Our teachers, students and community truly care about each other and their success.
- The required colors for Standard Dress bottoms are solid khaki, gray, navy blue, or black; however jeans, denim, vinyl and leather are NOT allowed.
- Approved bottoms are slacks, pants, skirts, jumpers, shorts, and capri pants. Belts must be worn with bottoms. Shorts, skirts, and jumpers must be mid thigh or longer.
- All tops for standard dress must have collars and be solid colors. Approved tops include dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, and polo style shirts.
- Shirts must have sleeves.
- FLORENCE shirts MAY be worn ANY DAY of the week!
- Students must have tennis shoes for P.E.
- All shoes must have backs.
Maria Franco began her career in education teaching elementary bilingual and secondary Spanish. She began her career in Georgetown ISD and has also spent time teaching in El Paso ISD and Clint ISD before coming to Mesquite ISD. Franco was hired in 2010 as a Spanish teacher at Horn High School and remained there for the next four years. She has served in the role of assistant principal at Kimbrough Middle School since 2014. Ms. Franco received a bachelor’s from the University of Texas at Austin and a master’s from the University of Texas at Arlington. She is currently pursuing a doctorate in supervision, curriculum and instruction at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
Ms. Franco is committed to meeting the communication needs of all students and is currently learning American Sign Language. She believes that education has the power to shape trajectories for students. Ms. Franco’s goal is to create a nurturing environment where students can learn at their full potential.
School Supplies for 2021-2022
Teachers might ask for more or specifics through the year.
Elementary School Day
7:55 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
Elementary Early Release
3-year-old Pre-K Morning Session
7:45 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
3-year-old Pre-K Afternoon Session
11:55 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
4-year-old Full Day Pre-K
7:55 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.